Sunday, May 18, 2008

My Birthday

I had a busy birthday on Saturday, but the celebration started on Friday. My best friend Alex came to Vincent's in the evening and brought a Whole Foods bag that, when bought, all the proceeds go to hungry children in Africa and with a purchase of one bag, 100 children are provided with food. It was the most thoughtful gift ever. In addition to the bad, she brought a beautiful pendant necklace from Swarowski. It was really beautiful and shiny. Thank you for the wonderful gifts, Alex!
Saturday, my birthday, was busy. We went out to lunch with our friends and their kids to Zorba's. I really like their Greek food and it is a family restaurant, which is a big plus when you want to go somewhere with kids. They have the best desserts ever! After lunch Mike took David to the park, and then we took David to my mother-in-law, for the night! She is very nice to take David for the night every once in a while and we really appreciate that, I don't know what we would do without her. For dinner Mike took me to the III Forks! This place was amazing. It was our first time there and everything was perfect. The atmosphere was a bit romantic, the wait staff was super nice, and the food was delicious. We had a lobster bisque and a III Forks salad, Fillet Mignon (was very tender) and a III Forks NY strip (a bit spicy for my taste) and a couple of drinks. The dinner, of course, ended with a chocolate cake (by that time we were not hungry, but had to try it). The waiter put some fresh berries and a bit of raspberry sauce on top of the cake, mmm..... good! In other words, the day was Perfect!






On Sunday, I met my best friend Alex for lunch to celebrate my birthday - again, and to celebrate our 14 year-old Friendship. We had crab claws - our favorite appetizer and salads. Let me just tell you that if you eat crab claws, do not eat it if it's from Venezuela - really fishy taste. But that didn't stop us from having a good time. We toasted to our friendship and chatted about kids. Not to forget the Tiramisu that we split - delicious! Alex, thank you so much for the greatest lunch - just a two of us (since we don't have time for it lately).

8 comments:

Olga said...

Happy Birthday Irina!
I love the III Forks. The desserts there are fabulous....

Irina said...

Thank you. Yes, the desserts are awesome!

АLEKSANDRA said...

I am so glad you had fun! I had fun! Angelo had fun too :) chatting with drinking girls :)
You know I have to say that he is actually one of my favorite people and I don't know much about him. He is just so Angelo and so real, I like that.
But most of all, I LOve You and your birthday
I wish I could sing like David

ntl & Co. said...

Morda!!!!!!!
Sounds like you had a perfect day on your birthday! Spending it with friends and loved onces! and certainly was there with you "mislenno" I love you very much! and wish you all the happiness!!!

ntl & Co. said...

Morda!!!!!!!
Sounds like you had a perfect day on your birthday! Spending it with friends and loved onces! and certainly was there with you "mislenno" I love you very much! and wish you all the happiness!!!

ntl & Co. said...

Morda!!!!!!!
Sounds like you had a perfect day on your birthday! Spending it with friends and loved onces! and certainly was there with you "mislenno" I love you very much! and wish you all the happiness!!!

Nadia Yeremenko said...

GREAT !

АLEKSANDRA said...

time to post again :)